OSP-P Foundation together with University of Warsaw’s Institute of Philosophy and Polish Academy of Sciences and Maria Curie-Skłodowska University is honoured to announce commencing of the preparation for the next event from the series Open Seminars on Philosophy and Psychiatry titled ‘Hospital’, which will take place on 11th and 12th of May 2019 at University of Warsaw Library (Dobra Street 55/66) in conference room 316.
Proposed theme is an excellent opportunity for debate concerning general and specific questions in the field of broadly understood philosophy of psychiatry, ethics and medical anthropology, philosophy of science, history, social theory and philosophy of culture. At the conference, we aim to discuss following thematic areas:
- status of the professional expertise and condition of the axiological decision-making process;
- philosophy and architecture of the asylum – from the birth to the modern period;
- axiological aspects of clinical practice; mythology and cultural notion developed around psychiatric hospital;
- wisdom and art of healing;
- code of conduct and values within the field of mental health;
- ‘philosophy of clinic’ according to Antoni Kępiński, Kazimierz Dąbrowski and Kazimierz Jankowski’s postulates.
Seminar would also assume preliminary debate into ongoing reform of the polish system of psychological health protection, consisting, among others, of improvement of the statute and administration of psychiatric hospitals together with role of patients within the new system.
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Regina Bisikiewicz (The Open Dialogue Foundation)
- Prof. Andrzej Kapusta (Marie Sklodowska-Curie University, Lublin)
- Prof. Paweł Łuków (University of Warsaw)
- PhD Mira Marcinów (Polish Academy of Sciences)
- Prof. Jacek Wciórka (Institute of Psychiatry and Neurology in Warsaw)
Seminars will be featuring movie screening related to the core theme of the event.
Participation in seminars has not require any registration – open entry access!
To submit your paper, please complete application form available at the website >>.
If you have any ideas, suggestions or queries or would like further information about the conference VIII OSF-P please write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whant to know more about OSF-P Foundation? Please click here >> or the image below.