International Network for Philosophy and Psychiatry 21th Annual Conference: Experts and Representations in Mental Health
Open Seminars in Philosophy and Psychiatry Foundation is honored to host International Network for Philosophy and Psychiatry 21th Annual Conference: Experts and Representations in Mental Health, that will take place in Warsaw (PL), autumn 2019.
The status of experts, their knowledge, skills and competences is the topic of discussion and research as well as the object of public interest. Particularly intriguing are the questions about the type of expertise held by mental health workers, their mutual relations and their attitude towards patients and their families. An important area of interest is also the social image of psychiatrists and therapists, the social and political representatives of psychiatric patients, the perception of psychiatry as a discipline and the image of mental disorders in art and literature.
Subject of the conference will cover the following questions:
- Who is an expert? Why do we need experts? What is the status of an expert? What is the role of experts in the modern societies? What is the meaning of social representation? Whom the expert represents and on what conditions?
- How the questions about the experts relate to the sphere of mental health, psychiatry, psychology and psychotherapy. How an expert is placed in the context of health care systems and various currents of psychiatry or psychotherapy as well as social psychiatry and post-psychiatry. How the situation of experts changes during the history and what kind of knowledge was attributed to the sciences of mental health?
- What are social (lay and professional) representations of mental illness, their ambivalence and heterogenity. Representation of madness and psychiatry in literature and art (film, painting, theater).
- Expert knowledge and skills development. Expert knowledge and Values Based Practice. Professional ethics in mental health care. Expert knowledge and decision making. What is the idea of experts by experience?
Date and register details will be published no later than in September 2019.
Contact for partners, sponsors and media: email@example.com.
For further information please visit event site on Facebook >>.
Organising Committee members:
– Professor Andrzej Kapusta
– PhD Jakub Tercz
Scientific Committee members:
– Professor Bill Fulford
– Professor John Sadler
– Professor Giovanni Stanghellini
To contact with us via mail please use address below with main title “INNP 2019”:
Institute of Philosophy of the University of Warsaw
Krakowskie Przedmieście 3